BE WATER BAPTISED
BE 'ALL IN.'
Be water baptised. Baptism means to immerse and overwhelm - to be all in. Jesus wants us to be fully immersed, full of and empowered by Him. God has wonderful things planned for us and He asks that we continue stepping out. God does not want you stagnant - there is always more to be poured into you and poured out through you.
When Jesus died He took our sin, the punishment for our sin and also our sinful nature. When you are baptised you are Jesus died, went to the earth and rose again - in baptism we go into the water and rise out of the water - transformed.
At the same time we are baptised into new life with Jesus. Being baptised into Jesus means we are constantly dying to sin and constantly coming alive to God. Baptism gives you the power to change.
WHEN SHOULD I BE BAPTISED?
Baptism is the next step after salvation. There is no reason you need to delay. Come as you are.
Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved. Mark 16:16
WHY SHOULD I BE BAPTISED?
1. In obedience to Jesus. He said, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:19
2. As a public declaration before God, family and friends that you put Jesus number one.
3. As a baptism into repentance. "I baptise you with water for repentance." Matthew 3:11
4. Baptism is an infusing of identity, acceptance and power. God affirms your identity, just as the Father said to Jesus “this is my son” at His baptism.
5. God affirms acceptance. Jesus hadn’t done anything miraculous when the Father said “I am well pleased”. We are filled with the Holy Spirit and empowered to do things because we are accepted, not the other way around.
6. We are baptised into His purpose. God wants us to live on purpose and bring others to be baptised into Jesus Christ.
Consider what you would like to leave behind - regrets, addictions, sin, struggles... Through baptism we leave our old lives behind and enter into a new life with Christ.
WE RECOMMEND: Get in touch to find out where you can be baptised.
GOT QUESTIONS? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.